Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the Company.
Our client is a Pan-African publishing house that is publicly listed in the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The company has grown its dominance in the publishing sector by establishing its presence throughout the region.
About the Role.
The holder of this role will be responsible to the Chief Innovation and Products Development Officer for developing and maintaining the Digital Publishing department’s technology assets and portfolio.
- Write clean, scalable and testable code on a known framework
- Design, document and implement an architecture suitable for all the digital products to scale
- Scouting the market for talent, recruiting, hiring and onboarding
- Lead and mentor a team of in-house software developers to build world-class digital products
- Design and develop a software development process that will be implemented on all software development projects
- Managing and deployment of staging, pre-production and production environments that ensure release of quality products
- Managing technical debt for all digital products
- Running scrums and sprints together with product manager
- Manage platform costs as per specified budget
- Technical reporting on platform performance and technical teams
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Very comfortable with git
- Deep understanding of architecture design for scale
- Strong DevOps experience
- Project management
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Team collaboration with in-house and remote teams
- Good knowledge of MySQL and Firebase database systems
- Hands-on experience in configuring and maintaining Google Cloud Platform based applications
- Should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 3+ years of working experience as a senior software developer.
- Has developed for Web, SMS, USSD and IVR applications
- Actively involved in at least 1 open source project