Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company is a venture-backed technology company operating in East Africa and India. They build and deploy cloud-connected points inside local retail outlets, which serve as consumer access points for goods and services delivered in partnership with major suppliers. Their first consumer solution is liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which delivers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar urban cooking market. In Kenya, this solution is delivered in partnership with Vivo Energy, the company which owns and operates Shell-branded fuels distribution infrastructure across Africa.
About the role:
As Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be conduct in manual testing of web applications, mobile applications, and APIs, in close collaboration with stakeholders across Engineering, Quality Assurance, Product, and senior management teams.
- Write test plans, test cases, execute test cases and report bugs for API, Web and Mobile apps
- Create and perform hardware tests on the embedded systems and electronic devices
- Work on tasks assigned by Quality Assurance Lead and report key metrics to all stakeholders including Dev, Quality Assurance and Product teams
- Mentor and coach colleagues in the Quality Assurance team to take on additional responsibilities
- Perform execution of automated scripts during release time
- 2-4+ years of experience in manual software testing
- Good understanding of using JIRA and Zephyr
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Working knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Exposure to testing applications interacting with embedded systems and electronic sensors will be an added advantage
- Willingness to perform hardware tests and go in the field as per project requirement
- Experience working in an agile setup using Scrum Methodology
- Exposure to automation testing in Selenium using Java and/or Python
- Willingness to work on new technologies and learn new skills as per project requirement
- Comfort with Cloud Technologies such as AWS and Linode