Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About Our Client.
Our client is a commercial real estate firm operating since the late 1990s. Family-owned and fully committed to Grand Rapids and the surrounding area. The client has over one million square feet of real estate, including office, industrial, medical, and retail in its portfolio. They work with many local firms and is proud to call Grand Rapids its home.
About The Role.
Reporting to the HOD, Software Engineering, the successful candidate will develop core software applications that are assigned from time to time. To maintain code of existing software applications. To participate in internal and external “think tanks”
in regard to coding best practices and new technologies. The position will require close interaction with all departments within the organization.
● Develop core platforms using Open source technologies
● Develop backend internal tools
● Ensure that solutions will effectively meet business objectives while using innovative, performance-oriented technology
● Collaborate with technical writers to create customer-relevant documentation
● Collaborate with systems support engineers to train customers
● Continuously monitor, evaluate and implement “Best Practice” for software development
● Assisting all teams within the Organization/Departments as required
Skills and Experience.
● B. Sc in Computer Science or equivalent
● 3-5 years of experience
● Good understanding of common network protocols. Knowledge of telecommunication protocols is a plus
● Good knowledge of Linux/Unix
● Data science experience a plus
● Experience with TCP/IP networking and common network protocols
● Good Problem Solving and Critical thinking skills. The ability to identify problems/gaps and design alternative solutions.