Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company is a business-to-business marketplace platform that sources produce directly from farmers and delivers it to urban retailers. This role reports to the Head of Department and includes the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction to the engineering team
- Develop, uphold and report on metrics for the engineering teams
- Work with the team leads to ensure every engineer is working on high priority tasks
- Provide oversight of the technical leads
- Work closely with the other departmental leaders and team members to develop and deliver on a product roadmap which brings value to the business
- Consistently communicate on status and risks of all technical projects to the CTO and Head of Department
- Evaluate business needs against available engineering talent to schedule work and advise on hiring needs as needed
- Provide functional assessment on engineering talent
- Able to identify, recruit and help in the development of technical talent and leadership skills
- Serve as a technical consultant to the business in engagements with product and platform vendors and suppliers
- Guide the engineering team towards the embodiment of company and departmental values
- Work closely with the CTO to ensure the most effective and efficient use of technical resources
Skills And Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in a technical role preferably in a hands on development role
- Experience in a technical leadership role
- An understanding of micro-services architecture and how it works in a real-world cloud environment
- Experience in defining technical strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.