Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
At the click of a button, we provided a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, we are providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Nairobi, Kampala and Barcelona, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
About the work...
The Country Head of Kenya plays a pivotal role in the company and will manage the company in Kenya. This is a huge opportunity for growth and you will be working with one of the most dynamic and fast-moving companies in East Africa!
- Lead our success in Kenya
- Build & execute the country strategy, with focus on growth, expansion, our brand and P&L management
- Manage a fast growing team through leadership that values humility, empathy, growth of our people, and leading by example
- Maintain external relations for the company across government, business, transportation associations, and the wider community
- Be confident in the areas of operations, marketplaces, customer acquisition, and product.
- +5 years in business management experience in operations, consulting, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area
- Strong managerial experience growing and empowering a team
- Knowledge of cities in Kenya. Experience working in informal transportation and logistics is a plus
- Experience in stakeholder and external management is required.
- Understanding of how local authorities and government operate is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with proven experience starting and growing projects or entreprises
- Data-driven decision making mindset and solid analytical skills with an advanced experience of Excel is a must
- Creativity and passion for building a company that provides a beautiful product
- Solid academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades
- Firm understanding on how to maintain a performance culture
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in East Africa.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free Boda transport
- Free lunch every day