Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company provides a transport application that enables transporters and shippers to communicate, arrange and complete deliveries. Using our mobile app customers can locate transport (from a pick up to a large truck), get quotations, pay and have their goods delivered.
About the role...
Come and work for an exciting new company looking to change the way things are done in one of the world’s biggest industries: Logistics. You will help the company innovate and grow the platform’s user base on both sides of the business. You’ll be based in Nairobi, but the job may require some travel across the country.
You’ll be joining early enough that every action you take will help shape us as a company. Working with field agents and even on-line to craft new and innovative ways to recruit more transporters and their clients to use our platform. Additionally, giving critical feedback to the engineering side so they can re-iterate and improve on the product. At this stage they fully expect to do the things that don’t scale; meeting clients individually and explaining each step of our process. You will also have the opportunity to contribute towards how they can scale the platform working closely with the technology side on the business.
- Transporter recruitment
- Client acquisition
- Targeted marketing
- Client feedback
- You will have had some experience in working with start-ups.
- Having spent time in a team that has taken a new product/platform from zero to scale.
- You will be unafraid of trying new innovative ways to acquire users and grow our client base.
- Un-reliant on traditional media (Newspapers, TV, Billboards etc) to get the message out
- You fully understand how to speak with clients and revert with tangible feedback allowing us to improve on the offering.
- You will be equally comfortable brain storming in a morning meeting in the boardroom or discussing our app to a hardware store or a grocery market.
Specifically, looking for:
- Start-up experience in a similar company
- Ideally working with two-sided technology platforms
- Experience in acquiring customers and recruiting users
- Running both physical and on-line campaigns
- A plus would be a candidate who has experience in a digital platform and has seen it grow from zero to scale
- An even larger plus is a candidate who has done this with a platform in transport and logistics.
- Upper second-class bachelor’s degree from a well known university
- B+ or better KCSE result (or equivalent)