Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company is building the future of digital financial services in Africa. Customers use their app to pay 7x faster, without internet and across multiple accounts. They are a small team based in Tanzania and growing their business and engineering functions. They recently completed Y Combinator and raised a new round of funding.
They are looking for:
An experienced QA Automation Engineer or Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who specializes in full-stack QA (Front end, Webservice, & Non-Functional testing). Someone who pays exceptional attention to detail and who has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate is a quick learner and a great
communicator (written and verbal). You will interact daily with our product managers and development team members to understand our domain and create technical solutions that make truly help move the needle for our business. The ideal candidate is excited about living in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
● Build a test automation framework to be used by the entire Agile squad.
● Develop and maintain functional test cases, System & Integration Test cases, and test artifacts such as test data, test cases, and automated scripts used in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
● Review functional requirements and determine the data requirements for executing the use cases end to end from creating functional manual cases to automating the cases for regression.
● Execute all manual and automated test cases that validate the functionalities, code quality and report/document test results, following all formal test architectures and project processes.
● Ownership and autonomy to work on tasks and be pro-active in managing tasks through completion.
● Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes.
● Act as test lead working closely with Product Managers and Developers, while collaborating across teams.
● Mentor other Engineers on test methodologies, test automation, coding standards, and best practices through code reviews and designing test plans.
● 3+ years of working experience in test cases automation and documentation or a related field.
● Hands-on experience in working with automation tools such as Protractor, Selenium
TestComplete, Appium and JMeter
● Excited about designing and building the future of payments and banking in Africa
Nice to have:
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
● Familiar with mobile testing tools and frameworks (i.e. Appium, RobotFramework, Espresso, etc.)
● Experience with using virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, product build and installation