Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our customers, who may want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company hiring...
A non-profit social enterprise that prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy. They have grown 4x since 2014 and are currently working in 175 secondary schools in Rwanda, 60 pilot schools in Kenya, and over 700 schools in Uganda reaching over 42,000 students intensively and 530,000 more broadly. The organization has 200 staff and almost 300 volunteer youth mentors. And is backed by many the largest global foundations.
About the role...
This position will lead an iterative, data-driven design team across Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda. The objective is to use human-centered and lead startup design approaches to create and strengthen programs to be more cost effective and impactful. You can be based in any of the three countries so long as you...
- Have experience designing products, programs, or learning experiences
- Are hungry to learn about and improve on everything you design
- Empower others with the process to design solutions that create lasting impact
- Thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and high-growth environment
- Put the user first and advocate for them in every program
Develop dynamic product and program strategies to create sustainable impact on youth
- Define program theories of change, user experience story boards and support all program solution lines to create sustainable impact on youth
- Develop innovative youth development learning experiences and program strategies tailored to both social enterprise and government integration
- Facilitate strategic conversations with Directors and country teams to co-create program models, create expansion timelines, make multi-year funding proposals, and participate in high-level strategy meetings with government partners for national program strategies
- Lead design of program materials, such as curriculum, promotional materials, and workshops
Build systems for experimentation to validate new ideas
- Lead country teams to brainstorm and assess program/product design solutions
- Build and oversee development of prototypes & pre-tests
- Create systems and procedures for experimentation to validate new program/product ideas and innovations to optimize the user experience
- Conduct reflection and learning workshops based on both internal and external reports and best practices
Develop global design standards and knowledge management systems to bring consistent best practices to design teams across multiple countries
- Identify behavioral change process for our program beneficiaries/users (e.g. teachers and students)
- Research best practices, existing evidence, and internal reporting for evidence-based decision-making
- Establish design systems and standards for hiring, orientation, professional development, and promotion across the countries
- Ensure documentation and routine sharing of knowledge and experiences across countries of operations
Align and empower design teams across multiple countries
- Promote application of global design standards and strategy-aligned decision-making within country teams
- Facilitate trainings and workshops to include data in decision-making at annual and strategic planning sessions
- Empower and grow strong country design teams to adopt and apply design standards using blended learning approaches
- Provide feedback and coach teams on the design of program materials