Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The company aims to build better mobile money solutions without all the limitations. Their sole mission is to bring outstanding innovations to digital payments, particularly mobile money.
About the role:
The company is currently looking for a senior Backend Software Engineer.
- Architect, build, own and implement scalable infrastructure to power services.
- Build and scale APIs, SDKs for Mobile & Web Clients.
- Collaborate, test, document and iterate core product initiatives.
- Be responsible from idea to execution of products.
- Maintain code quality, automation and continuous delivery.
- 4-Years minimum experience in backend software development in FinTech, a huge plus.
- Deep knowledge and experience in digital payments, integrating payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Cards (Visa & MasterCard), Mobile Money (M-PESA and the like).
- Computer Science degree.
- Creative, innovative problem-solver and agile in development.
- Code junkie, hungry, strong programming skills and clean code advocate.
- Low on ego, humble, excellent communication skills and willing to learn.
- Highly proficient in Python and its frameworks like Flask, Django
- Highly proficient in database design and modeling using PostgreSQL
- Experience in Django Channels, WebSockets, GraphQL, Microservices Architecture, Webhooks, Elastic Search, NGINX and Algorithms.
- Experience in using AWS, Digital Ocean
- Experience in building, designing, caching, scaling RESTful APIs, SDKs and Web Apps.
- Version Control Via Github
Good to Haves
- Frontend Frameworks (Angular, React, NodeJs, VueJS Etc.)
- Mobile development (Android, iOS)