Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
About the work...
The Regional Data Coordinator will be responsible for leading on the strategy and implementation of data consolidation and visualization projects at Nairobi Regional Bureau (RBN) and country offices in the region.
- Work closely with data owners, and stakeholder to identify data gaps and data visualization needs for country operations in the region, by carrying out Data Mapping Missions to identify local demand.
- Liaise between field users and HQ Technology Division on new ways for users to consume and experience the datasets in the field.
- Identify new high-value datasets in country offices (such as data relevant at local levels) for inclusion in the data initiative and associated tools.
- Promote and facilitate the use of corporate data systems and business intelligence tools at the field level.
- Educate and inform internal and external audiences about the various tools and resources related to data.
- Organize relevant meetings; provide recommendations for improvements; establish, manage and report on key performance indicators of the corporate data solutions, including web metrics, etc.
- Coordinate the rollout and adoption of Tableau as a corporate business intelligence and data visualization solution in the region
- Facilitate a regional training program for Tableau and data visualization based on country-office demand.
- Champion and facilitate the adoption of corporate platforms and processes around data integration to foster a culture of data-driven decision-making within the organization.
- Use project management skills to ensure that relevant teams and individuals are consulted and involved in decision making at key points and that all decisions made are clearly documented and communicated.
- Report progress and issues to Regional Bureau relevant heads of units, Regional Directors and Deputy Regional Directors and the Technology Division senior management team.
- Demonstrated presence of the regional perspective in the Data Management Committee, with attendance and participation in 75% or more of the events.
- Establishment and coordination of a regional Data Working Group.
- Delivery of Data Mapping missions to identify demand and address critical issues around adoption of tools, data integration and local capacity.
- An increased level of awareness, data literacy and skills in data visualization, and specifically the use of Tableau at the Regional Bureau and country offices, demonstrated by the number of workshops and trainings delivered, with a majority of them scoring over 80% in positive feedback from participants.
- Increased number of visits (+10%) from the regional bureau and country offices in the region to corporate data platforms and dashboards.
- At least one data visualization, success story or use case of Tableau for data visualizations and decision making shared by a country office in the region for each month of contract.
- At least one data visualization, success story or use case of Tableau for data visualizations and decision making shared by the regional bureau for each month of contract.
- Monthly reports on existing needs/ data gaps at country office level to the BEM network in Rome.
- Increased awareness around the data agenda among regional and country office senior management (heads of units, CDs, DCDs, RD, DRDs).
- Advanced University Degree in Business Administrations, Data Management, Statistics, Marketing, Communications, Information Management other relevant discipline
- 3 years or more of relevant progressive work experience in information management, information systems, web management, data management, GIS mapping, data visualization or project management.
- Proven experience working in a busy analytical environment and handling complex analysis. Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive report writing skills. Experience working with teams and team processes. Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethic environments. The candidate must demonstrate strong data analysis skills
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese.