Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company’s vision is to make mobile health insurance accessible to everyone by using state-of-the-art technology against no marginal costs. The company has developed a smart payment distribution platform on the foundations of the mobile money ecosystem, which permanently connects patients, premium payers, insurers and healthcare providers on our platform. The platform provides mobile health wallets which allows all stakeholders to send, receive and pay dedicated healthcare funds to each other instantly and thereby reducing costs, creating huge data value and enhancing transparency and accountability.
The main purpose of job:
The main responsibility will be to contribute to the creation of new products and enhancements to existing products from concept to launch as part of a cross-functional project team. The Frontend Developer’s responsibility is to design, implement, and test frontend applications that result in compelling, easy-to-use products. The Frontend Developer will also be responsible for a demanding and rewarding variety of duties related to the development, enhancement, and delivery of CarePay’s leading product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzing user requirements, researching, designing and writing new frontend systems
• Design mobile-based features
• Work closely with backend developers to use the endpoints which are available
• Optimize applications for maximum speed
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing the documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
• Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
• Evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardware work
• Creating technical specifications and test plans
• Writing operational documentation with technical authors
• Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
• Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, designers, developers, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals
• Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems
• Protect operations by keeping information confidential
• Preparation of training manuals and training users
• Handling support and feedback
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
• Investigating new technologies
• Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
1. Deliver clean code in time
2. Able to translate functional specs / mock-ups into working (mobile) application
3. Usability and speed of the application
4. Identification of new innovative technologies
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Degree qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, software engineering, or related field
• Knowledge of Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements.
• Experience with HTML5, Ajax, AngularJS, CSS/SASS
• Knowledge of source-code and release management tools
• More than 2 years of work experience in an active frontend development position
• Experience and knowledge in software development lifecycle
• IT Project management experience
• Training focused on system architecture, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, and Software Testing.
• Experience with Micro-Services and REST-based architecture
• Knowledge on Android will be added advantage.
• An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
• An understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent IT and programming skills
• Clean code writing and software documentation preparation
• Strong in numerical and analytical skills
• Have creative approach to problem-solving
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Ability to work on another’s design and specification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Eye for detail
• Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
• Team working skills with ability to work with people at all levels, including non-technical staff
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Training and presentation skills
• Be self-motivated and a quick learner
• Discretion in handling confidential information.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, and a commitment to the company's mission.