Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
Logistics in Africa is broken! It’s super fragmented, informal and very costly, making it difficult for small business to trade in Africa. The company is on a mission to solve this problem. They have built the first efficient shared logistics platform for Africa that will create new possibilities for small businesses and transporters.
About the role...
We're looking for someone product obsessed with experience working with agile product teams. The Product Manager will be responsible for ensuring that products add value to users, and deliver a consistent experience for users. You’ll be working with other product teams and designers, collaborating with the engineering teams, as well as guiding the company’s product vision.
Obsess about the customer
- Focus on customers, champion customers understand their needs and double up when they are delighted.
- Provide 'voice of the customer’ to cross-functional teams, such as engineering, operations, sales, marketing, growth, and support to grow customer retention (engagement, adoption, and expansion)
- Deep immersion in product analytics data in order to understand strengths and weaknesses of product and make recommendations for iteration.
- Analyze and optimize the quality and efficiency of services.
- Work with the team to develop new product and feature ideas; refine and enhance existing features; and prioritize features for development according to business priorities
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop architecture and specific development tasks
- Coordinate with UX and marketing team to understand opportunities to drive product awareness and adoption
- Develop product support documentation in conjunction with Customer Support
- Work with 3rd parties on various types of collaboration and service integration.
- Ensure transparent communication with all our partners, customers from terms and conditions to updates when things break.
- Drive a culture of being transparent within your team and the rest of the team.
- Communicate product mission and vision across the organization, collaborate with the engineering team and user design teams to develop detailed product roadmap.
- Develop various ad-hoc models and product analyses to support key business decisions.
- Be a Hustler and get your hands dirty and do the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking.
- Aim to design and implement processes and procedures with simplicity in mind.
- Your output is not only a pleasure for customers to use, but for other members of the team to read and understand easily.
- 4+ years of product management or engineering experience.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, engineering/quantitative or related field
- Extensive work with user-centered design processes, using data, analytics, and research to drive product insights and feature development.
- You are a Hustler and have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solver: analytical mind that can navigate obstacles on the fly in a logical and rational way. Engage in precise, data and details about the business.
- You are an excellent and influential communicator and use data to reinforce your positions and decisions
- You are highly competitive and has a unique drive to win
- Comprehensive Health Insurance - Inpatient, Outpatient, Optical, Dental
- Phone & computer
- Office lunch
- Education stipend
- Opportunity for company stock options