Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company is on a mission to elevate the careers and livelihoods of millions of blue collar professionals, artisans, and other informal workers through the use of technology. The company makes it easier for households and businesses to connect with high-quality professionals. Currently they have verified professionals in over 140 categories ranging from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors. Through the use of technology they unlock important career tools such as digital profiles, product galleries, customer reviews, and more.
As a company, they are a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of developers, hustlers, planners, and doers. They provide the freedom and tools necessary for people to be comfortable and successful in their work and in return expect high performance and a culture of excellence. They value ambition, curiosity, candor and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.
As a UI Designer you enjoy defining beautiful user interactions. Good interfaces are something that inherently makes sense to you. You obsess on all things design to the point of it causing you physical discomfort if something is off by even a pixel. You are the type of person who would prefer to redo everything to get it right. You enjoy talking about user interfaces and have strong opinions on how something should be laid out.
You’ll be responsible for:
● Conceptualizing original ideas to create simplicity and user friendliness
● Executing visual designs from concept to final hand-off to engineering
● Helping conduct user testing of applications, software, and websites
● Supporting engineers in implementing design where possible
● Presenting designs and deliverables to peers and stakeholders
● Extending and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards
Successful candidates will have all or most of these qualifications:
● Show us why they are suited for this position, rather than just tell us
● Fluent English
● Knowledge of Photoshop, Indesign, After Effects, Invision, Sketch and similar software
● Good Understanding of color theory & typography
● Proven ability to produce Functional UI Designs: responsive websites, landing pages, banners, and emails
● Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
● Experience working in agile teams
● Have a strong portfolio of previous work
● Able to fit into a fun and outgoing work environment
● Significant work experience and/or relevant educational background