Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the Company.
The company's mission is to expand access to healthcare for underserved patients, families, and communities across the world. They are a distinct business within the company that maximizes social impact alongside financial sustainability. The company designs service models with and for communities that integrate digital and product technologies across the patient care continuum.
About the Role.
Our client is looking for a talented designer and researcher to join as a UX/UI Design Lead in Kenya. This person will work closely with the Head of Innovation and our design researcher team to develop new social enterprises from scratch and improve the ventures we already have launched. As the UX/UI design lead, you will create amazing user-experiences for our patients, health workforce and customers that enable us to improve health outcomes at scale.
This is a full-time 6-month consulting role with the possibility of the position turning into a full-time offer. There is flexibility in terms of home-base, however, Nairobi would be preferred. The position will be global and will likely involve travel within Kenya and potentially to the United States, India, and Ghana.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, often in remote settings, in collaboration with design researchers, commercial teams and engineer.
- Illustrate design ideas using story-boards, process flows, wireframes and sitemaps
- Design graphic interface elements like menus, tabs, widgets, navigation buttons, search fields etc.
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes using a range of software tools.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, tables.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Design an approach to UX research, collect user feedback in the field and adjust designs based on insights
- Interface with commercial teams to explore key business challenges, uncovering actionable insights through UX design research
- Experience and passion for working in underserved communities
- BA/BS degree in UX/UI Design, CS or any related field from a leading institution (MA/MSc preferred)
- 2-3+ years of experience working as a UX/UI designer or similar role
- Excellence in the field of UX/UI demonstrated through a portfolio of design projects
- Proficiency with a range of prototyping and wireframing tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Wireframe.cc, InVision, Figma, etc.)
- Experience working with developers and exposure to web and mobile-based product development using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Excellent presentation, collaboration, and communication skills
- 1-2+ years of experience working at a leading design firm (preferred)