Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company is a leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through its smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. It is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Perform thorough regression/smoke tests before code deployments
- Design, develop, and execute automated test harnesses around Android application and Backend APIs
- Write scripts and perform load tests against Backend servers
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Work with customer service, product, and development teams to identify and track bugs
- Review requirements specifications and provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Experience - 4+ years experience in Software Engineering in Test role, deep knowledge of Automation
- Detailed oriented - keen eye for details ranging from copy to pixels. Ability to communicate those details to others and translate to specs
- Team player - enjoy working closely with engineers, product managers, and cross-functional teams
- Initiative - highly motivated and self-disciplined. You can work independently and be productive
- Startup ready - Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working in Agile development process (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban)
- Experience building test automation (Java, TestNG, Robolectric, Espresso, Appium, AWS Device Farm, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, Linux, Mac OS)
- Java - 2+ years writing production Java code
- Computer Science degree
- Experience working closely with remote team members in different timezones
- Tinkerer- you love to try out new tools and technologies to further improve the platform.
- Technology Toolbox- you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras.
- Leader- you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your teammates. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions.
- Solutions Driven- experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.
- Global Thinker - you have the passion to deploy a service that is truly global and love the chance to solve complex problems that arise from this.