Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
We have a passionate and highly engaged team based mainly in East Africa and we are looking to quickly grow the Barcelona team to speed-up the growth and make sure we can build exciting verticals on the platform. We're searching for engineers who are looking for the opportunity to work for an international company, as well as the challenge of being an early member of our Barcelona team.
Note: This role will be based in either Nairobi or Kampala
About the work...
The product team is seeking a product designer with the right combination of skill and passion to work on our multi-platform mobile and web applications.
Our ideal candidate must be passionate about great product design coupled with an amazing user experience while focusing on the customer throughout the product design process. You must equally be a problem solver, with demonstrated ability to take initiative and do great work without constant supervision.
As a product designer, you will be responsible for bringing product ideas to life by using the right tools to design and create useful prototypes that can be used to validate these ideas.
- Gathering information about feature requirements and design necessities during brainstorming sessions.
- Designing fully fledged prototypes for new features and products for multi-platform [iOS & Android] mobile application and also for web applications.
- Adapting and contributing to design guidelines & principles.
- Conducting user testing to validate UI/UX solutions.
- Identify and share your knowledge of new tools that will help us improve our product design process and innovate faster.
- Making sure all design processes are well documented and updated.
- Solid understanding of good design principles and user experience. User experience research would be a big plus too.
- Expert knowledge of user-centred design principles.
- Expert knowledge of platform specific (iOS, Android, or Web) design principles.
- Ability to do rapid prototyping with any prototyping tool (knowledge of Sketch* is a huge plus).
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing.
- Outstanding portfolio that showcases creative and systematic design thinking and execution
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 3+ years experience