ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: with farmers' output increase by an average of 50% after working with us.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truckloads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, analyzing loan repayments...
Our technologies include C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, Angular, Docker, MS SQL, and our tooling landscape includes GitHub, JIRA, Azure DevOps...
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, develop, document and operate new and existing technology solutions according to our standards
- Ensure smooth progress of your projects
- Participate to your Agile team's lifecycle
- Mentor junior team members
- Contribute to your department's improvement by sharing knowledge, sharpening your skills, suggesting different ways of working and developing
WHAT YOU NEED
- Software Engineer Associate: You have 3+ years of experience, solid programming skills, autonomy, and a knowledge of automated testing frameworks and database concepts. You will work as part of a small, collaborative, agile team of software developers…
In any case, you need to have:
- High proficiency in at least
- One major web or mobile front-end technology: Angular, React, Vue.js
- One major back-end language: .Net C#, Java, Go, NodeJS
- One database engine: SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Couchbase
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and continuous integration a plus
- Experience working in Agile
- Experience living in a developing country is desired, but not a requirement
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years
- Language: English required, French is a plus
- Health insurance, housing and other comprehensive benefits including professional development and personal travel allowances
- 6 weeks leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- Flexible Bring-Your-Own-Device policy with laptop allowance
- Free-lunch Fridays and regular happy hour nights
- A chance to live in one of the most beautiful, safe, and clean places in Africa!