Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look-out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company:
The Head of East & Southern Africa Sales is responsible for launching new markets across the region, growing existing markets, and meeting ambitious growth targets. This includes scaling the business across our products which serve our diverse customer segment needs. Products include our Payout API and the B2B cross-border payments service (which offers wholesale foreign exchange directly between African currencies). The ideal candidate will come with a sound understanding of, and previous experience with global treasury management, FX rates, and currency risk management tools. This is an exciting opportunity for you to help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level. We’re looking for leaders who are comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with executives as well as analyzing sales metrics.
- Conduct market research including, but not limited to, competitive analysis, client segmentation, market capture, and sales projections for the company to enter new markets.
- Work with Product and other stakeholders to execute a concise go-to market strategy for new markets.
- Lead sales efforts to maintain and scale growth in new and existing markets, with a customer-centric approach.
- Grow the total client portfolio while generating scalable, repeatable and predictable growth (volume, revenue and net profit).
- Align and optimize the entire customer experience while scaling the business.
- Help establish regional sales and operational processes to build efficiency and manage costs.
- Ensure there is a team approach to winning and growing our portfolio of clients with a focus on our pooling business model.
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture.
- Lead efforts to evaluate product-market sales fit in the East and Southern Africa region.
- Develop and execute a detailed regional sales strategy that ensures scalable growth of a diverse and sustainable portfolio of clients with steady revenue flows.
- Lead client relationships which have a significant impact to the company’s growth.
- Communicate high-level updates on a regular basis to the management team.
- Set monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives (OKRs) with specific, measurable goals.
- Ensure that our regional sales/marketing activities are aligned towards maximizing the company’s short-term and long-term growth.
- Regularly collaborate with internal stakeholders: Product, Compliance, Finance, Treasury and Growth to optimize the customer experience and align on the sales growth strategy.
- Analyze and present data to key internal stakeholders in order to inform impactful business decisions and help adapt tactics that drive profitable growth within the region.
- Ensure your CRM tool are up to date and maintain excellent lead and process management to clearly identify status and success during the sales cycle.
- Actively participate in strategic planning to develop reasonable and thorough annual budgets and sales projections with the Sales team, and present to management and the company.
- Represent the company at relevant Sales Conferences.
- Seasoned professional with 8-10 years of experience in sales and marketing or financial services (ideally in B2B cross-border payments, money transfer, mobile money, treasury management, FX risk management)
- Previous experience in successfully scaling a business/sales for payment companies globally is a plus.
- Ability and experience to make data-driven decisions. You love data.
- Previous experience in managing, mentoring and scaling sales teams.
- Access to a large network of local decision-makers within corporates/fintechs/banks.
- Proven track record of developing and closing complex sales deals from the ground up.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, presentation, and listening skills.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific sales tools/software.
- Passionate about our mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa.
- Willingness to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa or Nairobi, Kenya.
- Flexibility to travel frequently to various countries/markets, as needed.
- University Degree.
Compensation will be based on level of experience with the opportunity to earn sales bonuses tied to key deliverables.