Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
An ed-tech company based in Nairobi and Berlin. The company has created a mobile learning platform for young children in low income areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve.
They believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential, however more than 600 million children in the world are not even learning foundational skills like reading and basic math despite the majority of them going to school. The digital solution enables them to learn by themselves and provides teachers with high quality teaching support. It works globally, even on the cheapest smartphones and tablets.
They are developing a system in the toughest conditions we could find: with more than 5,000 children in the largest urban informal settlements in Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya and they are on our way to scale to many different places in the world. They collect data from all players, children, teachers, parents and school owners and so have a vast, rich dataset, qualitative and quantitative.
They are looking for a who will develop solutions for our challenges: How to solve our customers’ problems? How to increase learning? How to engage teachers and parents into the project?
- Work closely with the product owners - and to some degree probably also with end users - to define product features.
- Implement product features, independently as well as working with
- Produce clean, maintainable, testable code, and work with the other developers on maintaining the codebase.
- A minimum of two years experience in writing code
- Experience with C# and/or Xamarin and/or Android is a
- A proven record of designing and implementing great user interfaces
- Passion about writing clean, maintainable, functional and testable code
- Agile methodology, in autonomous teams, with a strong focus on clean Code