We are seeking an experienced Risk Manager to join our team. The Risk Manager will be responsible for identifying
areas of risk on the platform and implementation of ways we can mitigate or catch these. As an owner of key fraud
metrics, you should have the analytics experience, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness to identify, measure,
and mitigate new and emerging loss vectors. You will be managing the output of a cross-functional team that
includes Product, Data, Operations, and Customer Service to ensure we are always catching fraudulent activity on
the platform and constantly refining our rules.
● Become the owner for fraud detection and mitigation across all products ( Ride, Send,
Food and Payments) across all our operational markets (Uganda, Kenya, and Nigeria)
● Define and drive the strategy, roadmap, OKRs for the Fraud Team across the company that supports
SafeBodas data-driven mindset whilst prioritizing the improvement of customer and driver trust and
minimizing loss due to the fraud,
● Responsible for assessing areas of both driver and customer risk on the platform and
develop new strategies to keep fraudsters off the platform.
● Developing rules and systems to detect fraudulent behavior on the application.
● Leading data-driven experiments to test the effectiveness of these rules and systems
● Manage output of Fraud experts in the Data, Product and Operations teams in each market to ensure
rules are implemented but are fair and specific to the local context
● Report on progress and challenges to the senior management team.
You should have:
● Bachelor’s degree in a business/finance/science-related field;
● At least 5-7 years’ experience in a fast-paced and innovative professional environment at a
manager level. Risk/ Fraud fighting experience a big bonus!
● Solid analytical skills and advanced experience of Excel;
● A strong leader - you will be managing a cross-functional team to fight fraud.
● Pro-active ability to move fast, innovate and find creative solutions;
● Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with other teams.
● Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment and make self-guided decisions.Comfort
with ambiguity and the ability to work in a self-guided manner.
● Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
● Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team.
● Competitive salary based on experience
● Free lunch