Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About the company...
The company is a rapidly growing, mission-driven software company that is creating a more connected and productive global agriculture industry. They are an incredibly diverse team of technologists, scientists, and academics with a shared passion for building software that impacts everyone in the world on the most basic level.
About the work...
They are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious people who are hungry for personal growth. Successful candidates have versatile talents and are excited to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
As a Senior Software Engineer - NLP, you contribute to shape this platform, scale it to an unprecedented number of datasets and extract critical information from them using NLP techniques. In particular, you:
- Work with our international experts to develop new and scalable NLP algorithms to extract structured data from existing and new datasets
- Build these algorithms into tools and libraries to help our analysts integrate new datasets in our platform
- Are responsible for part of the data processing pipeline
- Deal with international, multi-languages datasets
- Participate to the architecture roadmap and identify new opportunities
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience in building and implementing NLP systems (python is a plus)
- You have built and deployed services at scale, used distributed storage and parallel computing
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You like to experiment and play with data to identify new opportunities
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You have a point of view but have low ego and is a great team player
- You like to mentor junior members and help them grow
- Technical leadership experience
- PhD or Master's Degree in NLP or Computational Linguistics.
- 10+ years software engineering experience
- Familiarity with statistical modeling tools (R, MatLab)
- Understanding of relational databases and distributed databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, Bigtable)
- Basic knowledge of Node.js
- Graduate degree / Research experience