Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the look out for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents. And then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our Client...
Formed in 2013 as a crowdsourcing technology platform solving mobility issues in emerging cities. The company has has over 1,000,000 users across all of its platforms. The company requires the following from the candidate:
- Manage the current team of content managers & developers.
- Work collaboratively with CTO to develop product features.
- Highly motivated self-starter required who can perform all the tasks required in a Kenyan tech start up: project management, financial modeling, fund raising, business development and initial sales
1. Legal compliance a) Assures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
2. Mission, policy and planning a) Helps the Board determine the company's values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals. b) Helps the Board monitor and evaluate the company's relevancy to the community, its effectiveness, and its results. c) Keeps the Board fully informed on the condition of the company and on all the important factors influencing it. Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation. Informs the Board and its committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making. Recommends policy positions. d) Keeps informed of developments in African technology sector, especially related to the transport sector.
3. Management and administration a) Provides general oversight of all the company's activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization. b) Ensures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation. 2 c) Ensures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff and volunteers. Ensures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff and volunteers. d) Recommends staffing and financing to the Board of Directors. In accordance with Board action, recruits personnel, negotiates professional contracts, and sees that appropriate salary structures are developed and maintained. e) Specifies accountabilities for management personnel (whether paid or volunteer) and evaluates performance regularly.
4. Governance a) Helps the Board articulate its own role and accountabilities and that of its committees and individual members, and helps evaluate performance regularly. b) Works with the Board Chair to enable the Board to fulfill its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members. c) With the Board Chair, focuses Board attention on long-range strategic issues. d) Manages the Board’s due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues. e) Works with the Board officers and committee chairs to get the best thinking and involvement of each Board member and to stimulate each Board member to give his or her best. f) Recommends volunteers to participate in the Board and its committees.
5. Financing a) Promotes programs and services that are produced in a cost-effective manner, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality. b) Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit. c) Works with Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals. d) Assures an effective fund development program by serving as the chief development officer or hiring and supervising an individual responsible for this activity. Helps guide and enable the Board, its fund development committee(s) and its individual Board members to participate actively in the fund development process. Helps the Board and its development committee design, implement and monitor a viable fundraising plan, policies and procedures. Participates actively in identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects. Assures the availability of materials to support solicitation.
6. Community relations a) Facilitates the integration of the company into the fabric of the community by using effective marketing and communications activities. b) Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the company its services and constituencies. c) Listens to clients, volunteers, donors and the community in order to improve services and generate community involvement. Assures community awareness of the company's response to community needs. d) Serves as chief spokesperson for the company, assuring proper representation the company to the community. e) Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key constituencies. f) Works with legislators, regulatory agencies, volunteers and representatives of the not for-profit sector to promote legislative and regulatory policies that encourage a healthy community and address the issues of the company's constituencies.