Brave finds rising star talent for high growth companies. That means we’re always on the lookout for brilliant folks like you. We work to understand your work interests, career goals, and talents, then put you in touch with our clients who might want to interview you. Feel free to share our details with a friend or peer. We’d be happy to link them with jobs too.
About our client.
Our client is working to democratise the access of pay-as-you-go energy for offered customers. They have been able to reach thousands of homes and businesses across the continent through their commitment to customer service and increasing their customer reach. They have made remarkable strides in empowering their users to own their own solar systems and upgrade their power threshold.
The company has a massive software stack, that is growing every day. As a vertically integrated company, their systems cover IoT orchestration, payments, customer/loan account management, salesforce management, inventory tracking, and many other functions. In many ways, they are simultaneously a sales organization with 100+ shops, an IoT company, and a microfinance institution. They also currently operate across 3 markets and expect to grow to many more over the coming years. This complexity creates many interesting challenges for their product managers.
With this position they are looking to build the company’s software product management capacity to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing their company. Their development team is largely remote, so they are looking to build a robust product management team on-site in Kenya to help guide and support development. This team should understand their core business requirements, should drive the rapid testing/iteration of their products, and should be able to clearly communicate requirements to remote developers. As the leader of this team, you will drive standards and execution for bidirectional
communication between developers and business stakeholders on software requirements.
- Education: N/A. You should be great at software product management – how you developed that expertise is not an issue.
- Experience: At least 3-5 years of experience working as a professional software product manager
Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience with the concepts and mechanics of software product management, including writing user stories, managing backlogs, running demos, driving ideation, etc.
- Experience managing the continuous evolution of the same product, for the same set of customers, within an organization dedicated to developing and marketing that product (e.g. if all
of your experience is in enterprise consulting or pre-sales, this might not be the right position for you)
- Aptitude and excitement for running a team. You will be hiring, mentoring staff, setting standards, and driving a strategy; you will have tonnes of support, but the direction and management of the team will be completely yours, and that should be an exciting prospect.
- Excellent technical writing skills. Since they have a distributed team, most of their communication is written and asynchronous, so you should be able to write requirements and
stories in clear, succinct, and unambiguous language.
- Creative/critical thinking. As a product management leader covering a large set of complex domains, you will need to be able quickly learn new business areas, distill use cases, synthesize
requirements, and think through a wide range of gotchas and edge cases. You should find this sort of problem solving natural and exciting, while acknowledging that it isn’t always be easy.
- Stakeholder interaction. Some of their products are directly aimed directly at customers, others support internal users within the business. You should have a strong playbook of strategies for engaging with stakeholders in both circumstances, ensuring that they are always building the right thing for each use case.
Competitive package covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the experience and skills.