Launched in July 2017, Brandless aims to make wellness more attainable through a curated assortment of high-quality items designed to help you take care of yourself, your home, and your family. Brandless uses community feedback and data insights to build products ranging from supplements and organic superfood powders to clean and cruelty-free beauty and personal care, household goods, sustainable cleaners, and more. Brandless’ sourcing philosophy is simple: better for people, better for the planet.
What You’ll Do
Brandless is looking an intern who is passionate about PR, Social Media and Brand Marketing with experience and/or interest in the health and wellness, home and beauty industries. You'll be working alongside a dynamic group of marketers to assist in PR, influencer marketing, social media, and community initiatives for Brandless. In this role, you’ll find inventive, fresh ways to reach Brandless’ growing community across the traditional media, digital, and social landscapes, while monitoring competitors, celebrities, media outlets, influencers, and key trends in the space. You’ll gain firsthand experience in the world of brand marketing and directly assist in bringing marketing campaigns to life.
- Work alongside our outside agency and in-house team to run inbound media requests, track media mentions, and develop media backgrounders
- Perform daily coverage analysis across a variety of industries and brands; identify relevant industry trends to support newsjacking opportunities
- Partner with Marketing & Creative teams to ensure strategic usage of Brandless media accolades are used across channels (email, website, paid digital ads, etc.)
- Help build partnership activations with Feeding America to find ways to encourage consumers to share Brandless
- Help grow Brandless’ community and engagement, keeping a pulse on trending topics and innovations within the social landscape
- Plan and execute day-to-day social calendar and content that strengthens brand and reach on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube
- Act as a digital editor-in-chief/lead publisher for Instagram Stories in real-time
- Support in developing a diverse pipeline of UGC and micro-influencer content through tailored marketing campaigns; support in day-to-day management of content program
- Assist in running Brandless’ Referral program, tailoring activations and targeted campaigns to spread word of mouth
- Support Customer Service team with community engagement (Instagram DM’s, Facebook DM’s, etc.)
- Passion and a knack for storytelling
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with social platforms and influencer marketing
- A love for creativity and for thinking outside of the box
- Some marketing or communications experience from past internships, clubs, side projects or other activities
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm) but times may vary per team
- Location: Waterfront Plaza, San Francisco. We believe we work better together in person and prefer employees to be in the office full-time (with the exception of life circumstances of course).
- Start date: January 2020
- End date: 6 Month Internship Commitment
What Brandless Offers
- Complimentary lunch and healthy snacks throughout the day!
- Quarterly team volunteering at the Marin Food Bank
- To work for a company built for purpose and profit, who gives back via donation of a meal each time a consumer checks out at brandless.com via Feeding America
- Regular team and company social and cultural events inside and outside of the office
- Free Brandless product to test out
- Opportunity to learn from some of the best marketing, communications, data, consumer insights and e-commerce professionals in the industry!
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.