Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in San Francisco, Lagos, Mexico City, Mumbai and Nairobi, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world's emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch's mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org
. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced its Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
This role will be responsible for day to day loan appraisal, loan disbursement and other payment processes.
- Evaluate loan applications for all new borrowers applying for Branch loans
- Identify and report potential fraud
- Manage refunds, repayments, and other payment processes
- Update documentation related to loan reviews and payment processes
- Initiate manual disbursements to customers
- Escalate any credit and risk matters to the team lead
- Propose and escalate areas of continuous improvement to the product team
- Any other duties as may arise on a daily basis
- Degree in Finance/Banking/ Business/Tech
- 1 year experience in a credit, loan review, risk management role
- Detailed understanding of loan reviews, credit scores and risk levels
- An interest in start-up environment and financial services
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguity and taking initiative
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- Analytical, comfortable analysing data using SQL and Excel with excellent attention to detail
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC programme or have an exemption letter.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.