Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation with Head office San Francisco and operating offices in Nairobi, Lagos, Mexico City and Mumbai. Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world's emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch's mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced its Series C and has garnered more than $265M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
The Senior Accountant will work under the Accounting Manager for Nigeria. This will be a permanent role that will involve accounting, reporting as well as ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded with good understanding of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards and reported in accordance with statutory and legal requirements.
- Perform comprehensive reviews of Management Account and Financial Statements in compliance with US GAAP & IFRS
- Take charge of month-end procedures, ensuring all support schedules, monthly variance analysis and explanations are done timely.
- Work effectively with auditors on statutory audit throughout the engagement period.
- Liaise with Accounting Manager and the Management Team to improve financial reporting procedures.
- Assist in developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure consistent compliance with local tax filing requirements and preparation of documentation needed during various monitoring exercises.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Maintain relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Contribute to the department and organization special projects as assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or a related discipline
- Professional certification (ACCA, ICAN) is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint is Mandatory
- Equivalent business experience, a minimum of 5 years in the financial service industry.
- Good knowledge of CBN regulatory reporting.
- Experience working with reporting software such as Netsuite, Quick books, Pastel, Sage, Oracle
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization both locally and globally.
- Analytical ability, excellent commercial sense and self-motivation
- Comfortable with start-up environment; ambiguity, aggressive goals and targets, open company culture, flat company structure, and strong team spirit
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Premium Medical Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Weekly team meals
- Travel opportunity
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.