As a Brainjocks Front-end developer, you will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You should have a passion for working in a creative dynamic environment, with other developers and partners in an Agile environment. Using Agile techniques, you will be responsible for turning business requirements into technical solutions that delight our customers.
Essential Role Responsibilities:
- UI / UX front-end development
- Work with our creative team to create “Proof of Concepts” that implement intuitive interfaces following the latest UI trends, utilizing all available tools to enhance the user experience
- Work with our development team to make sure POCs complement our back-end requirements
- Help maintain, improve, and update all existing web sites and applications
- Work everyday with an Agile team
- Stay current and relevant in your field
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team and manage multiple task assignments
- Ability to interface with internal creative and developers to implement the HTML, CSS and JS of custom pages / sections / components, as well as collaborate in the design of same
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgements.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Consult closely with management and occasionally agency staff related to projects and tasks.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues
- Support all quality initiatives that are implemented during each phase of the development life cycle
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other IT Services, IT Solutions functions and customers to expedite delivery of IT solution
- Collaboration with internal and external team members, onshore and offshore
- Expand into latest tech stack - Angular, Vue and/or React
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science field or strong related experience
- Experience with UI/UX design patterns and creating user-centered designs
- Passionate about UI / UX
- Interface with internal creative and developers to implement the HTML, CSS and JS of custom pages / sections / components, as well as collaborate in their design
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and HTML5
- SASS / LESS
- Mobile Development and Responsive Layout experience
- Twitter Bootstrap (other responsive frameworks a plus)
- Experience with Agile
- Strong knowledge of Web design principles and best practices
- Experience with Source Code Control (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to develop and implement design
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, agile environment
- Online portfolio is a MUST (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to troubleshoot software problems
- Ability to identify and solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Up-to-date with latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ethical Conduct
- Experience in Agile (preferable Scrum) & Test-driven development
- Experience with a version control system (Git (preferred), SVN, Perforce, or CVS experience is acceptable)
- Familiarity with CMS components and design approach
- Experience with Visual Studio IDE
- Experience with Photoshop / Sketch
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and filing cabinets.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, exempt position. The days and hours of work for our US headquarters are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Some overseas travel may be necessary.
Brainjocks is committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law in your region.