Brainjocks’ culture starts the moment someone walks in our doors. As the first point of contact for Brainjocks, the receptionist must be energetic and friendly with ironclad organizational skills and impeccable communication skills. The successful candidate will provide support for a variety of administrative functions, requiring discretion while handling confidential information. Hours for this role are 8:30 am - 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
Essential Role Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors
- Process incoming calls
- Greet and accommodate clients
- Daily processing of incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain a clean and orderly office, including common areas and conference rooms
- Maintain clean kitchens - load / unload dishwasher, put items in proper places
- Purchase supplies - kitchens, office and other supplies - while maintaining budget
- Schedule staff meetings
- Coordinate with vendors for facility related requests - JLL, Comcast, etc.
- Coordinate food for lunch-n-learns, team lunches, etc. within budget guidelines
- Make travel arrangements - domestic and international including flight reservations, hotel, rental car, phones, gift cards, etc.
- Coordinate with HR for weekly internal communications
- Data entry and report generation for weekly and ad hoc tasks
- Register employees for training and seminars
- Personal tasks as required for the leadership team
- Other tasks as assigned
Monday - Thursday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Friday: 8:30pm - 4:30pm
Daily Work Schedule:
8:30 am - 9:00 am | Unload dishwashers and stock kitchens, walk office and tidy where necessary, launch radiator screens in standup rooms; including opening blinds and adjusting chairs in conference rooms
9:00 am - 12:00 pm | Sit at the reception desk, complete duties as described above
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm | Lunch (times may vary)
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm | Tidy kitchens and conference rooms, pick up mail from 1st floor and distribute to recipients
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm | Sit at the reception desk, complete duties as described above
5:00 pm - 5:30 | Load and run dishwashers, stock kitchens, walk office, adjust chairs and tidy where necessary.
Monday 5:00- 5:30 pm - inventory all supplies
Friday 4:00 - 4:30 pm:
- Order Instacart items (fruit, milk, ½ & ½, etc. for Monday morning delivery)
- Erase conference room walls
- Study hour worksheet
NOTE: This is a non-exempt position and NOT eligible for flex hours or “Work from Home”.
Initiative and problem-solving abilities
Google suite of products including Docs, Sheets, calendar, etc.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and filing cabinets.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The days and hours of work for our US headquarters are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Some overseas travel may be necessary.
Brainjocks is committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law in your region.