As a Sitecore and Episerver certified solutions partner, we deliver enterprise-scale websites and sophisticated digital solutions. Our company culture is collaborative and casual, allowing us to focus on our mission, which is to deliver innovation to enable, empower and delight.
Our Corporate Culture sets Brainjocks above the rest. On a daily basis, we exemplify our Core Values:
- Ownership and commitment
- Learn and Teach
- Build Trust
- Be Authentic
- Have FUN!
The incorporation of these values at all levels of our organization allows our team to feel valued and excited about the solutions Brainjocks provides to our Clients and consumer. Our culture fosters personal and professional excellence and promotes development that leads to continued success.
Senior PHP / WordPress Developer
Essential Role Responsibilities:
- Work independently on user story implementation tasks
- Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end
- Ability to lead others, or others look to you for guidance
- Self manage technical side of the projects
- Write clean, optimized, documented and easily digestible code
- Write unit and integration tests (based on project operational model)
- Investigate issues and research for optimal solution
- Write technical documentation
- Train client (based on project operational model) / hand over project to support
- Assist developer team members in solving tasks
- Advisory role
- Bug fix / hands-on
- Be able to replace other developer team members in the event of an absence due to PTO or an emergency
- Must be a strong team player with a personal commitment toward the business and its customers
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience working on WordPress projects
- Comfortable with both: front and back end development
- Proven knowledge in following areas:
- Source Control - GIT
- Experience with working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, agile environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong ability to troubleshoot software problems - identify and solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to learn and understand our processes, as well as recommend ways to continuously improve
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ethical conduct
- Desirable knowledge;
- Basics of SASS / CSS
- Deep understanding of Agile project concepts
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and filing cabinets.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, exempt position. The days and hours of work for our US headquarters are Monday through Friday, with core hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Brainjocks offers flex hours which includes Friday afternoons off.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Some overseas travel may be necessary.
Brainjocks is committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law in your region.