Business Analyst / Quality Assurance Analyst
As a Brainjocks Business / Quality Assurance Analyst, you will be working with a fast paced development team creating web sites and web based applications. Using Agile techniques, you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of product quality that ultimately delights our customers. Based on each project needs, you will play the hybrid role of Business and / or Quality Assurance Analyst.
As a Business Analyst, you will be the primary interface between the internal Brainjocks team and the client's Business / Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts (SME) as well as any third party stakeholders. When playing the role of Quality Assurance Analyst, you will aid in the creation and execution of strategic test plans to ensure the product is tested according to industry and company standards.
Essential Role Responsibilities:
- Document requirements (business, user and software requirements; functional and nonfunctional) and establish traceability to the business vision
- Ownership of documenting and clearly articulating for the project team all requirements, and ensuring their understanding and use in execution of different phases of the program / project
- Contribute to estimates of work and level of effort required to complete projects and features
- Play a critical communications role by interacting with SME from the client side, as well as with development and testing personnel
- Ensure the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested
- Work with the project manager and the business customer(s) to define stakeholders, requirements conflict resolution procedures and the team structure
- Responsible for ensuring change control and change management procedures are followed within the project team as they relate to requirements
- Perform critical analysis of client business situations to develop recommendations and conclusions
- Ability to change direction seamlessly and influence others to work through ambiguity with minimal impact on project results
Quality Assurance Analyst:
- Prepare Test Estimates and Plan QA activities for new projects
- Prepare and manage QA Project Plan
- Lead and execute testing related activities on a project
- Create and review test cases/ test scenarios and processes ensuring alignment with standards
- Review test cases of the team and provide feedback for peers
- Perform functional and non-functional testing according to the best company practices
- Work with development team to schedule and plan nonfunctional test as well as keep team informed on risks and statuses for test execution
- Verify the availability of the QA environment for testing
- Prepare metrics and report QA findings
- Ensure that all system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved
- Identify and communicate risks and issues
- Provide necessary support to clients during User Acceptance Phase as necessary
- Lead and coordinate defect triage meetings
- Support in the development of quality assurance and testing policies, standards and procedures
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other team members and customers to expedite project delivery and improve the quality of product delivered
- Work everyday with an Agile team
- Work independently as well as on a team and manage multiple task assignments
- Ensure Manager is aware of all important issues, good and bad happening with yourself or team.
- Collaborate with team in skill and professional development
- Participate in 360 reviews during retrospectives and annual performance evaluations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a quality and analysis environments
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, agile environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to troubleshoot software problems
- Ability to identify and solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Up-to-date with the latest BA and QA trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ethical Conduct
- Willingness to support Brainjocks Mission Statement and Core Values
- Previous experience with Content Management Systems especially with Sitecore CMS is considered a plus
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment is also considered a plus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and filing cabinets.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, exempt position. The days and hours of work for our US headquarters are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Some overseas travel may be necessary.
Brainjocks is committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law in your region.