At Brad’s Deals, we are committed to helping consumers get the upper hand by putting them on the right side of every bargain. As part of our Editorial team, you'll be at the core of our business: finding and posting the best deals available online every day. Deal Editors are passionate consumer advocates and expert online shoppers who leave no stone unturned in their hunt for the lowest prices and biggest savings.
This position will challenge you every day. If you are looking for a boring clock-in and clock-out job, this isn’t the one for you. On the other hand, if you enjoy using your problem-solving skills and ingenuity daily while working where high-quality standards and integrity are essential, please continue reading.
This position includes:
- Identifying, writing, and publishing the internet’s best deals based on thousands of retailers.
- Acting as a gatekeeper for our deal content. We never publish a deal unless it is something we would recommend to a friend or family member.
- Strategic, thoughtful work that directly impacts our company’s bottom line. You’ll be analyzing deal performance with our data tools daily.
- Communicating directly with readers in our comments and helping them resolve problems they are having.
- An excellent command of the written word and comfort working with style guides. Work experience as a writer or editor preferred.
- The ability to write in the Brad's Deals voice and self-edit in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- A passion for hunting down information online with a well-refined internal BS detector.
- A knack for online shopping and understanding consumer behavior.
- A keen awareness of popular trends, products, and brands within specific verticals.
- The ability to work an atypical schedule that will involve regular weekend and/or evening work on a permanent basis. This is not a standard 9-5 role.
If you are up for the challenge and meet the requirements, please submit the following (all without will be ignored):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter detailing the product verticals in which you have experience. You can find the verticals we cover here: https://www.bradsdeals.com/categories
- Three original sample deals that you would post as a Brad's Deals Editor. Your deals should relate to the verticals in which you have an expertise and should emulate the tone and style of deals on our site as closely as possible.
Brad's Deals, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago and National Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven deal site with over 5M monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, and MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving, and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.