About the Role
We are looking for talented, passionate Data Analytics professional with the skill and desire to contribute to our team. In addition to leading efforts to transform data into actionable information, the person in this role will also take an active leadership role in teaching others about Analytics. In simplest terms, you'll be working to bridge the gap between raw data and analysis ... and teaching others how to do the same.
If you have experience working to extract knowledge and actionable information from multiple data sources, then we would love to talk with you. If you are the type of person who comes to work every day expecting to learn, contribute, teach, and have fun, then we think you will fit right in.
About our Team
We aim to derive meaning from our data, enabling us to run our business better, and also equip our clients to do the same. We believe in agile software development (lowercase 'a') and use elements from Scrum and Lean as a base for how we manage our work. 'Inspect & Adapt' is more than just a catchphrase to us. We pair regularly as-needed, but not as a rule. We are willing to have every problem under the sun exactly once, in exchange for never having the same problem twice.
- In a single sentence, you will be responsible for enhancing the way that our company creates, consumes, and distributes analytic information.
- As part of these efforts, you will consolidate different perspectives and teach colleagues the value of the information they are looking at
- In addition to creating dashboards and other analytic report artifacts, you will teach others how to use data and analytics, empowering them with skills that will help make them more productive in their role
- Serve as the champion for the business intelligence tools that our internal users have at their disposal.
- Use your unique blend of skills to unlock the insights of data and tell the fantastic stories contained within
- Do not limit your vision to how things are done today and instead focuses on the best ways to create value.
- Work directly with the people that use this information, including teaching others about analytics and managing their expectations.
- Contribute to the culture of learning and continuous improvement on the team
Qualifications & Work Experience
These are the things we are looking for in candidates for this position:
- You have 3-7 years experience working in a data analytics, business intelligence, or operations management, capacity
- You know how to find the story within the data
- You are well versed in the application of analytic techniques and have some experience or exposure to predictive modeling.
- You have a practical ability to visualize data, communicate about the data, and share with others how to utilize it effectively
- You have built role-specific dashboards and understand how to communicate with different audiences
- You are able to report on what data says *AND* explore data to see what it is telling you
- Your background, relevant work experience and education shows a mixture of math, engineering, curiosity, writing, and skepticism
- You feel comfortable operating with data that is sometimes incomplete. Or messy. Or both.
- You have some data grappling skills (moving data around and manipulating it to some extent, etc)
- You have knowledge of statistics
- You are an excellent communicator, including both written and verbal communication skills,
- You have the ability to communicate cross-functionally
- You are able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in time-critical situations
- You are comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are highly self-motivated and resourceful