WHAT YOU ARE ("ROLE DESCRIPTION"):
The Solutions Architect brings deep technical expertise with a self-starter passion to enable successful adoption of Linux containerization and distributed-compute technologies in customer environments. They are problem solvers at heart, coders and scripters for work and play, and above all understand the impact containerization, infrastructure, and automation can bring to a DevOps workflow.
Working in partnership with BoxBoat leadership, this role provides technical expertise for both pre and post sales support, thought leadership for future engagements, and above all architectural guidance in implementing container-based solutions to BoxBoat’s rapidly expanding customer base. The Solutions Architect is adept at handling both client and teammate relationships on engagements, finding opportunities for business growth, and communicating all of this effectively to BoxBoat leadership. It entails a process-driven work ethic to manage to a wide variety of needs, while still engaging at a deep technical level to ensure client success. This role assumes exposure to both technical and business-oriented problem solving in pursuit of growing the BoxBoat customer base.
WHAT YOU ARE DOING (“RESPONSIBILITIES”):
- Lead full stack implementations of distributed and automation technologies in customer environments including docker, IaaS tool sets, git, container orchestrators, and continuous integration platforms
- Provide technical leadership on customer engagements, guiding team members on the implementation and being the primary technical point of contact for the customer
- Form technical architectures from customer environment assessments using appropriate open source and COTS tool sets in modernizing workflow by improving reliability, scalability, and increasing overall resource utilization
- Create proof-of-concept and pilot demonstrations of technology to customer groups surrounding microservice architecture and service meshes
- Establish credibility and trusted relationships as an advisor to customer leadership
- Engage with vendor product development teams as a trusted partner to provide feedback and collaborate on issues
- Advocate for BoxBoat as a containerization evangelist by contributing written works to the BoxBoat knowledge base and social media channels, engaging in meetups for fun, and finding presentation opportunities to spread the word
- Help to establish and document implementation best practices and socialize them with the BoxBoat team to ensure repeatable success
- Develop deep technical expertise in emerging container and CI/CD technologies and educate other BoxBoat team members
- Participate in technical training engagements, leveraging your practical project experience to help educate customer resources
WHAT YOU HAVE ("REQUIRED SKILLS"):
- Deep full stack expertise of the software life cycle from development to operations
- A passion for containers, DevOps, microservice architecture, and how it’s revolutionary to the development landscape!
- Hands-on “Production” experience working with Docker and other container platforms and supporting technologies such as Jenkins, Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Expert Linux administration skills…including software packaging, distribution, and configuration
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience of distributed application concepts and DevOps tooling
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- Experience in a sales engineering a plus
- BSc. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
WHAT WE BRING (“BENEFITS”):
BoxBoat is a group of fun, smart people innovating with technology and process to create amazing outcomes for our clients. We understand the modern era of the telecommute and want to provide the ability to stay out of the office! While many of our engagements are on-site, we take advantage of remote administration of client environments with the ability to stay at home. We still do hope to catch you every now and then at our office location in Washington, D.C.
- 401k (match)
- Unlimited PTO
BoxBoat provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.