This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery
. We’re looking for someone that can learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
The Manager, Farm Start-Up & Launch reports to the Head of Build & Launch and will build a team to leads new farms from construction through ramp to full volume. A Bowery Farm is launched turn-key in a hand-off from the construction phase to the farm operations phase by the Farm Start-Up & Launch team requiring only the addition of trained farmers. Farm Operations will follow an orchestrated series of playbooked events defined by the Farm Start-Up team en route to a fully operating farm. The functional responsibilities for this role are vast as the leader will possess an in-depth understanding of the contributions of all stakeholders when it comes to launching farms including construction, the Bowery OS, supply chain, farm operations, real estate, finance, agricultural science and sales.
The Manager, Farm Start-Up & Launch will establish the definition of a “flawless launch”. Launch metrics will mark the the farm’s success in meeting multiple definitions of flawless covering safety, quality, delivery, capacity, cost and timing. Flawless launches will be achieved by codifying the steps of the launch process in a way where success is agnostic to the farm’s size, stage of technology evolution or location. The success of our ability to execute flawless launches will drive the accelerated pace of Bowery’s growth into a worldwide network of interconnected farms.
What You’ll Do at Bowery
- Active participant in vendor and Bowery safety policies
- Detailed coordination of multiple material flow and installation schedules of vendors that are all interdependent.
- Responsible for managing overall project budget and approving all purchase orders.
- Contributes to developing comprehensive budgets during project conception
- Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project, or sub-task
- Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
- Is capable of taking accountability while providing status, asking for help, and immediately escalating issues and problems as necessary
- Acts as the Company representative with vendors and suppliers during project execution
- Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the project including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
- Responsible for overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live dates.
- Experience in a food manufacturing or distribution environment and knowledgeable in pallet racking, conveyor, and automation installation.
- Possesses a technical and detail oriented background and has the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and jump in if needed, along with managing
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in (Industrial) Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
- Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
- Experience developing and managing large project budgets
- 5+ years of experience in project management and implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Certified Project Management qualification is a plus (PMP, Prince2 or other)
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.