We are seeking an entrepreneurial HR Business Partner to support our Farm Operations. The HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle People Operations support to our 365 days a year, 7 days a week Farms. In this role, you’ll serve as the main point of contact and provider of People Operations services, support, and counsel. You’ll join Bowery Farming at a critical point in our growth trajectory: We are a small team, and you will have the opportunity to provide a blueprint for how a HR Business Partner can be successful as we scale.
What You’ll Do
- Work with leadership to solve challenges with special attention to people-related concerns, design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, and retain.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with employees at all levels.
- Be accountable for the delivery of core People Operations services.
- Address and preempt employee relations issues.
- Ensure up to date and accurate data and metrics reporting are maintained, including up-to-date data in Deputy, our timekeeping tool
Who You Are:
- A leader with a knack for improving scalable processes and procedures and helping us to develop a new way to deal with existing issues
- A poised multi-tasker comfortable in a fast-paced environment with overlapping deadlines
- A data-driven and analytical thinker who can leverage metrics
- Someone who exudes warmth, caring, and passion, as well as natural ability to build and manage strong relationships quickly
- At least 5+ years of HR business partner experience.
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups.
- Experience in call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility -- our Farms operate 365 days a year, 7 days a week
Nice to Have
- Experience supporting 200+ associates