This is an opportunity to work closely with a small, nimble team and immerse yourself in multiple areas of marketing including brand, field, and CPG marketing. We’re looking for someone that is creative, eager to learn, organized, a team-player, and adaptable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
As Bowery Farming’s first Marketing Coordinator you’ll help ideate and execute content campaigns that build brand awareness for Bowery with the Marketing Manager and help plan / execute events that drive product trial alongside the Field Marketing Manager. You will play a major role in our social media strategy & execution and be the voice that represents Bowery to stakeholders outside of the organization (via social media community management and consumer services management).
You will report to a Marketing Manager although you will be working closely with the entire team on projects that touch various team members.
What You’ll Do at Bowery
Build Brand Awareness & Affinity
- Attend and actively contribute to brainstorming meetings for Bowery’s ongoing content strategy
- Research potential influencers and brand partners for both content & field marketing
- Build relationships with social media influencers, conceptualizing and managing partnerships
- Capture and edit photo and video content for social platforms, and write corresponding copy for social posts
- Brainstorm ideas and contribute to the Bowery blog
- Support the community management Bowery’s social media channels
- Support paid media (social) through strategy, execution, and evaluation
- Be the voice of Bowery to outside stakeholders by overseeing our consumer services
- Facilitate shipments to influencers, brand partners, and engaged consumers
- Research upcoming events in NYC and NJ to build out the Field Marketing calendar and assist in outreach with event partners
- Organize demo and event supplies, swag, preparing materials for events, ordering and restocking
- Ideate event marketing programs for Bowery events that excite consumers about the brand
- Pre-production work and onsite event production support (hours may vary during the workweek) Design an ongoing list of technology and promotional vendors to support Bowery’s engagement efforts
- Assist with processing invoices
What You Have
- BA/BS from 4-year undergraduate program
- 0-2 years of full-time work experience
- Strong writing skills, and a passion for social media storytelling
- Strong organizational skills, possessing a knack for planning and being detailed-oriented
- Passion for marketing, food, sustainability or innovative farming practices is a plus
- Ability to engage people with a friendly and energetic personality
- Excellent communication skills; a natural problem-solver
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (preferable Photoshop, video editing, and gif-making) a plus but not mandatory
- Must pass background screening
- Capable of set-up, event activation, breakdown
- Ability to stand for 3 - 5 hours on a continuous basis
- Carrying, lifting, lowering appliances/equipment weighing up to 30 lbs
is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Stop & Shop stores in the Tri-state area; Brooklyn Fare, Westside Market and Foragers Market in NYC; and online through Peapod, AmazonFresh and Jet.com. Additionally, Bowery is featured at sweetgreen, and on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised $122.5M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.