Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
Bowery Farming is looking for a passionate and committed Full-Time Farmer to join the AgScience Team. The R&D Farm Operator will be responsible for execution of farming and R&D related tasks in the R&D facility. With the goal of operational excellence, the R&D Farm Operator will work with the Farm Manager to execute the day to day operations of the Farm including seeding, transplanting and harvesting. The Farm Operator will also work to collect R&D measurements and on continuous improvement projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Set up and maintenance of experimental systems
- Breakdown of experiments - clean trays, reservoirs, pipes, and rafts.
- Plant Culture - work involved in seeding, transplanting, harvesting
- 60% farm operations & 40% data collection and processing on a daily basis
- Plant Science - mass measurements, assist in taking plant physiology measurements, data entry
Who You Are:
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
- A high level of ownership of the R&D operations
- Drive for innovation and continuous improvement
- Willingness to work occasionally on weekends when required
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.