This IT Support Specialist role will work closely with the BoweryOS and People teams to maintain and improve the IT infrastructure of the company. This role will work with software and hardware engineers to maintain the on-premise servers and networks that are required to power the future of modern farming. Additionally, this role will work closely with People Operations to onboard new employees and support the IT needs of existing employees.
This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery
. We’re looking for someone that can learn, adapt, and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
What you’ll do at Bowery
- Develop methods and systems to support the IT support needs of a fast growing company
- Maintain and improve the IT infrastructure of Bowery Farms and Offices
- Own planned server and network maintenance, network up-time, and on-going security evaluation
- Build a service-focused IT support experience for our employees acting as a primary support contact point
- Provide assistance and training where required to help users resolve issues and improve productivity with their use of computer hardware and software, including printers, fax machines etc.
- Build user machines using automation to assure consistency and complete installation of all required software.
- Onboard new employees to the company, manage all aspects of their setup: account creation and permissions, group memberships, and remote access.
- Make recommendations for improving employee experience and security
- Engage Vendors/Resellers to assist with projects
- Manage purchasing and licensing of hardware and software
- Help plan growth into future facilities
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in IT and help desk support
- Empathetic sensibility, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of who you build for.
- The ideal candidate is highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant, and insightful; he or she possesses a strong product design sense and the motivation to continually iterate to build best-in-class products.
- You’re comfortable managing in all directions - up, across, and down
- You’re confident taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience with Cisco/Meraki firewall is a plus
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.