Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About The Role
As Bowery Farming’s Design Lead you will be responsible for bringing to life our aesthetic across consumer, trade, business, internal and community communications. You’ll play a key role within the Marketing team, reporting into the VP Brand and Integrated Marketing Team as we grow the channels Bowery communicates across. You will work with the Content, Experiential and Product Innovation verticals on design projects large and small, ensuring consistency of brand vision and deepening the sophistication of our design system. This is an exciting opportunity to set the bar for creative excellence at Bowery and across our communications. The role will offer a breadth of briefs including the creation of advertising assets, content, event materials, digital assets, swag, packaging updates, branding design for our farms, community partnerships and more. The opportunity will expose you to the interesting facets of the Bowery business and require collaboration across the marketing function.
We are looking for someone with a strong vision, who loves driving design excellence across touch points and who will enjoy working in a nimble, fast growing, mission-driven company making an impact on the planet and in our communities.
What You’ll Do at Bowery
Drive Design Excellence
- Taking cue from Bowery’s high level brand identity, lead the deepening of our creative expression across all elements of the business
- Be a team player, closely collaborating with the marketing team on specific design briefs aligned to key campaign moments spanning product launches, seasonal campaign moments, and more
- Generate content initiatives alongside the Marketing Managers throughout the year, ensuring ideas are on brand, aligned with company objectives, and thoughtfully conveyed cross-channel and within budget
Create and Artwork all Design Assets
- Ideate and create advertising campaigns spanning digital, paid social, and OOH executions
- Bring the Bowery brand to life in real-life, ideating and designing assets for events, field marketing initiatives, as well as both in office at at our farms.
- Brief and collaborate with freelance creatives (pending individual project scope) alongside the Content Marketing Manager, including but not limited to: working with an editor on video content creation & leading & art directing a shoot alongside a photographer, food stylist, prop stylist (and then overseeing all photography retouching needs in post-production)
- Develop design toolkits and implement processes with the content-focussed Marketing Manager, including but not limited to: creating templated decks for internal presentations & building an impactful & organized asset bank for the company
- Creating an agile in-house content creation studio
- Create trade marketing assets for Bowery customer partners, including but not limited to in-store signage, digital assets for trade programs or e-commerce pages, coupons, on-pack design integrations, and more
- Create product renderings and labels, working alongside the Product Marketing team to ensure all packaging materials are consistent, up-to-date, and within brand guidelines when working with third-party vendors
- Assist with other department design needs, when appropriate and within scope, including but not limited to: Creating custom designed decks for senior leadership speaking engagements, working with the sales team on generating materials for pitch meetings or trade show needs & working with the People team to keep employee branding up-to-date, including business cards, swag, etc.
What You Have
- Relevant years of full-time work experience
- Start-up/emerging brand experience across multiple design touch points
- Food experience is a plus
- Passion for creative ideation and seeing design execution from start to artwork
- Self-starter and motivated
- Loves working in a fast paced, friendly and evolving culture
- Passion for sustainability or innovative farming practices is a plus
- Excellent communication skills; a natural problem-solver
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.