Bowery Farming is seeking ambitious team leaders who can learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced & flexible environment, and who are willing to roll up their sleeves. Be a part of a team that produces locally grown fresh leafy greens and herbs from our indoor automated vertical farm in Kearny, NJ to our retail and restaurant customers in the Tri-state area! This is a hands-on job maintaining the taste, quality, and freshness of our produce and assisting in their daily care. This is a fast growing company with room for you to grow.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a subset of the Farm Operations team to ensure that the farm stays on schedule, from seeding to harvest to packaging to cleaning, & delivery
- Maintain overall responsibility for the performance of the shift, including safety, quality, productivity, and delivery
- Maintain production areas to ensure compliance with company quality, sanitation, and Food Safety standards
- Provide a safe working environment by maintaining quality equipment and enforcing adherence to developed work practices
- Ensure employees have the right tools, knowledge, and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely
- Promote a continuous improvement and commitment to quality
Who You Are
- Minimum of 1 year experience in greenhouse/farm leadership role with demonstrated ability to lead change
- Skills driving continuous improvement initiatives & culture
- Strong ability to multitask, delegate and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Detail & process orientation
- Experience with farming and growing operations, and food safety and production is a plus
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Fowler & Wells. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.