Production Team Lead
Bowery Farming is seeking ambitious Production Team Leads who can learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced & flexible environment, and who are willing to roll up their sleeves. Be a part of a team that produces locally grown fresh leafy greens and herbs from our indoor automated vertical farm in Kearny, NJ to our retail and restaurant customers in the Tri-state area! This is a hands-on job maintaining the taste, quality, and freshness of our produce and assisting in their daily care.
This position is full-time. Compensation is $14.25 per hour + company stock options.
What You’ll Do
- Support and guide a team of farm operators to ensure that the farm stays on schedule, from seeding to harvest to packaging to cleaning, & delivery
- Maintain overall responsibility for the performance of the shift, including safety, quality, productivity, and delivery
- Maintain production areas to ensure compliance with company quality, sanitation, and food safety standards
- Provide a safe working environment by maintaining clean working environment, quality equipment and enforcing adherence to developed work practices
- Ensure employees have the right tools, knowledge, and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement and commitment to quality
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in greenhouse/farm or warehouse production team role with demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- Passion for sustainability and healthy food
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to learn and lead strict food safety and sanitary standards
- Flexibility with changing work responsibilities
- Work 4, 10-hour shifts (with breaks and lunch)
- Ability to commit to a consistent set of scheduled days, including holidays that land on your scheduled days (the farm operates seven days a week)
- Have a reliable form of transportation
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- PC or Mac familiarity, ability to use a tablet or smartphone
- Comfortable with Physical Requirements including:
- Lift and move objects up to 49 pounds each
- Standing for hours at a time
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Fowler & Wells. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.