This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery. We’re looking for someone that can learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
At Bowery, we’re building the techiest farms in the world. Different from traditional farming, our farms depend on automation technologies as an integrated component of delivering each day’s harvest. We’re looking for technicians that have experience configuring, monitoring and running production on complex systems. Examples may include ASRS, conveyance, 3D printing, high volume assembly, food processing, robotic processing or custom automation. Your experience may include none of these but you consider yourself a savvy technologist who’s not intimidated by either new software or gears and motors.
What You’ll Do at Bowery
- Work up 4 days per week for 10 hour shifts (breaks and lunch)
- Get the automation system ready for production and monitor its performance during the production day. You’ll be engaged an evolving set of tools that you’ll be responsible for using and providing feedback on.
- Align with the production team on creating the natural interactions between farm operators and automation.
- Team with the mechanics and engineers to identify opportunities and test their mechanical and software based solutions.
Who you are
- You have your GED and preferably a technical certification or associate’s degree.
- You’ve worked with automation systems and are comfortable with concepts surround both the software and the mechanical components. (You don’t need to be a software engineer or a mechanic!)
- Your somewhat of a power user of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
- You’ve had experience with User Interfaces that connect to industrial equipment
- You’re a team player and work well with others in the face of challenges and a common mission
- Safety is your overriding priority and you think safety first in every situation.
- You’re looking to build a future with a company that is a leader in the Ag-Tech space.
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.