Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is looking for a passionate and committed Senior Grower to join the team. You will be responsible for the crop health of each farm, monitoring crop health and performance in our growing facilities. With the goal of operational excellence, the Grower will leverage software-driven data collection & analysis to manage the growing environment and cultural practices at Bowery’s farms, ensuring the highest quality produce makes its way to our customers.Working with colleagues in Operations, Data Science, Engineering and AgScience, the Grower will ensure that environmental conditions, plant nutrition, and practices are maintained according to Bowery standards. She/He will also be implementing new innovations into production. The role will be based at Bowery HQ and make site visits to all Bowery farms regularly.
What you’ll do
- Analyze yield and quality in our farms, troubleshooting crop issues and diagnose health, damage or quality issues.
- Complete root cause analysis of any issues using data and develop action plans for operations team to execute.
- Monitor and contribute to pest and disease management programs.
- Continually test and revise cultivation practices and products in partnership with R&D and Operations teams.
- Documents standard cultivation practices in SOPs and provide training for Farm Operators.
Who you are
- You are passionate about our mission, excited to revolutionize agriculture.
- You can work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
- You have the versatility to collaborate with individuals at all levels and across various functions.
- You’re an excellent oral and written communicator who is able to shift between technical discussions and layman’s terms with ease
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and satisfaction of your teammates
- You’re a poised multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment with way too much stuff to do
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.