Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About The Role:
The Emerging Channels Business Development Lead will be based in Bowery’s headquarters office in NYC reporting to the Executive Vice President of Sales and will be responsible for securing new accounts, developing new strategic business relationships and creating new segments of business to support the profitable revenue growth of each farm. The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to be part of an industry that is poised for unprecedented growth with an organization that is revolutionizing the future of produce.
What You'll Do:
- Create a strategy that will secure new distribution of Bowery products in channels beyond retail that elevate the brand, improve profit and support the sales of the farm.
- Identify new avenues of distribution with innovative crops that could generate highly profitable revenue streams in collaboration with product development and agricultural science.
- Utilize industry knowledge and expertise in identifying potential revenue opportunities through networking and aggressive field sales techniques.
- Develop and support the cross-functional development of sales plans, strategies, objectives, policies, and procedures for the Bowery, that help drive the business forward.
- Achieve established growth and profitability targets for assigned customers and farms.
- Engage in analysis of sales data, product margins and program P&L’s and develop reports for costing strategy, financials, projections and shipped/pending orders.
- Create, optimize, and maintain relationships with HQ and customers field management to include Sales team, Marketing, Farming Ops & Leadership team.
- Continue to expand knowledge of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
What You'll Have:
- Relevant years of experience
- Ideally has experience selling produce or consumer products that have required cold chain management
- Experience negotiating complex sales contracts and delivering sales quotas.
- Strong track record of selling, winning and growing business
- Possess excellent selling and negotiation skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think and lead strategically
- Experience managing multiple projects against multiple deadlines
- Travel required
- Enthusiasm for Bowery’s mission; A passion for improving our food system through the use of technology, and the ability to translate this passion into a compelling selling story
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.