Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About The Role:
Bowery is looking for a People Experience Associate on the People team to help create a memorable employee experience across all farms. The People Experience Associate will partner with leaders and farmers to create and foster Bowery’s culture across all farms. In this role, you will organize events and have the opportunity to develop other creative ways to engage our farmers and build community. You will support existing Farmer Experience programs and design, develop and implement new, innovative initiatives to engage and connect employees. It’s an exciting time as you will be tasked with maximizing the Farmer Experience as we scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop events strategy and playbook for new Farm Launches and key milestone events such as the summer event or holiday event
- Develop network of cross-functional team members to execute events at multiple farms simultaneously
- Clearly define goals, develop project plans and implement communication strategies for events
- Develop post-event documentation of wins, areas for improvement and budgets to measure the success of the events
- Identify and rollout standard, consistent ways of collecting farmer feedback that we can use for the hourly workforce across all farms
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the farmer experience and help develop and implement innovative solutions and policies
- Identify and drive Farmer Experience and HR projects and initiatives at a strategic and tactical level
- Partner with business leaders and HR Business Partners to redesign and relaunch our Farmer Onboarding Program
- Partner with HR Business Partners to design and rollout Supervisor and Farmer training programs
What You'll Have:
Experience in employee experience, events or human resources
- Ability to build strong working relationships and work collaboratively across all levels of the organization, including remote areas and in manufacturing environments
- A knack for managing projects or experience successfully implementing programs across geographically distributed teams
- Ability to quickly understand the evolving culture at Bowery and how this translates into Farmer Experience
- Personality that exudes warmth, caring, and passion, as well as natural ability to quickly build and manage strong relationships
- Strong event planning, project management and problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.