This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery
. We’re looking for someone that can learn, adapt, and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
This product manager role facilitates the strategies for the creation and ongoing support of Bowery Operating System (OS) services that directly support Farm Operations, Farm Development, and Agricultural Science - including work management in our farms, supply chain, and control & sensing systems. The BoweryOS is the proprietary software system that monitors and controls our farms, both plants and operations, 24/7. This role will work with software, hardware, data and computer vision engineers to build the future of modern farming.
What you’ll do at Bowery
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, data science, farm operations, farm development, agricultural science, marketing and sales to determine function and priority of new and existing applications
- Develop methods and systems for rapid prototyping
- Lead iterative development of existing applications
- Responsible for launch of new products which includes ensuring a smooth handoff of products to other teams within the company
- Own the intake process for BoweryOS development as it relates to functions that support the Farm Operations and Farm Development and Agricultural Science teams. The stakeholders are many and varied. Each need will require a well-formulated business case that comprehends effort, returned value, and the prioritization amongst competing interests. Well documented returns will drive the pace of investment for the BoweryOS team.
- Analyze and act on business metrics and data to grow the capabilities of our Farms.
Who you are
- 10 years of experience in software product management (HW + ML product experience a plus)
- Keen product intuition and an empathetic design sensibility, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of who you build for.
- The ideal candidate is highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant, and insightful; he or she possesses a strong product design sense and the motivation to continually iterate to build best-in-class products.
- You’re comfortable managing in all directions - up, across, and down
- You’re confident taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.