Bowery Farming is solving the biggest challenges our food system is facing at a systemic level by re-thinking what agriculture looks like in a world with an ever-increasing population and rapidly dwindling resources.
Bowery Farming is now searching for innovative and systems-oriented engineer to be a part of our global initiative. If the idea of being on the forefront of developing ground-breaking and sustainable solutions in a fast-paced environment, then continuing reading.
As a Technical Designer, you will work with our team of talented engineers and scientist in the design and development of physical systems and facilities in supporting our indoor farms to create the ideal conditions for growing and delivering the purest produce imaginable. A successful candidate will have the ability to operate within a face paced ambiguous environment by leveraging their demonstrated background in Computer Aided Design and Development and internal motivation. Bowery encourages innovation and expects our team-members to take ownership in helping solve complex problems.
Come join us.
What you’ll do:
· Prepares design drawings and construction documents.
· Creates simple models or modifies existing models.
· Researches and applies codes, regulations and standards
· Design optimal solutions to aid in equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
· Simultaneously manage multiple high visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
· Collaboration with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
What you have:
· Associates degree in Engineering (any discipline)
· 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related experience in Design/Innovation, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, or related.
· Experience using AutoCAD, 3D Design and development, Revit, Civil 3D and Navisworks package
· Experience preparing and coordinating technical documentation (engineering drawings, specifications, statements of work)
· Ability to use business/technical software such as Microsoft suite (Excel, Project, Word and Visio).
· Ability to travel 25% domestically and internationally
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any discipline), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
· Experience with automated material handling equipment and systems including robotics.
· Experience with process design.
· Food manufacturing and handling industry experience
· Facility design and development
· Automated controls experience
· Capital project management skills
· Design-in-Safety experience
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Fowler & Wells. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.