Bowery Farming is solving the biggest challenges our food system is facing at a systemic level by re-thinking what agriculture looks like in a world with a rapidly increasing population and dwindling resources.
This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery
. We’re looking for someone that can learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
The Regional Facilities Manager reports to the Head of Build & Launch and will play a key role in maintaining multiple buildings as we continue to grow. The leader will possess both people management and design/innovation skills. This role will work in collaboration with the design team to come up with standards for long-term thinking as we continue to build out our farms. The role will also require stepping in at times to lead and work with our farm employees if the maintenance manager of that specific building is not available. Our ability to maintain healthy, efficient facilities will help drive Bowery’s growth into a worldwide network of interconnected farms.
What you’ll do
· Support the creation and delivery of operational objectives, facilities services, programs and contracts for existing and new farms
· Provide strategic direction to facilities management teams who oversee facilities operations
· Accountable for annual budget development, financial variance reports and operations analysis
· Assures capital projects, operations projects and reconfigurations are managed by facilities teams with outstanding customer service
· Develops standards and procedures as business and customer needs evolve
· Partner with support teams on new initiatives, site retrofits, etc
· Drive and support special projects and strategic initiatives
· Work with legal counsel to manage contracts and day to day operations where applicable
· Establishes trust and maintains open, positive relationships with team and customers
· Conducts regular, formal site condition inspections and develops solutions for systemic needs
· Collaborate with global peers to ensure consistency, lessons learned, and best practices across regions
Who you are
· A minimum of 10 years professional real estate / facilities experience required - a significant portion of which should demonstrate success in managing complex facilities and rapid growth
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Experience building and managing a team or department within a startup or entrepreneurial setting
· Exceptional communication skills; ability to lead cross-functional teams
· Comfortable with legal terms and structures for standard commercial contracts
· Strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
· Self-starter who sets aggressive goals and consistently gets results
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and successfully execute tactics
· Effective resource management and project management skills
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Fowler & Wells. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including General Catalyst, GGV Capital, GV (formerly Google Ventures) and First Round Capital.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.