This is an opportunity to join a small, growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery
. We’re looking for outstanding Brand Ambassadors to join our Marketing team who will generate excitement, brand awareness, increase product sales primarily through in-store sampling (demoing) and be a brand rep at events across the New York City and
New Jersey areas.
You will report to the Field Marketing Manager. This is a part-time, contract position that will be 4- 20 hours of work a week, depending on your schedule. Your work is mainly independent though you will be a part of phenomenal, growing Brand Ambassador team. If you share an enthusiasm for healthy eating, are passionate about food sustainability and innovative farming, this role could be for you.
What You’ll Do at Bowery
Brand Awareness & Product Trial
● Create a superior consumer experience, increase brand awareness and build consumer loyalty
● Engage consumers through sampling product at grocery stores, communicating product features
● Ensure that brand talking points are promoted effectively
● Coordinate with store managers or demo coordinators on schedules/demo guidelines
● Conduct store audits of Bowery Farming produce and its competition
● Be the face of Bowery Farming at local food, tech and industry-related events
● Sample and demo products, distribute promotional items
● Engage consumers enthusiastically about Bowery Farming’s brand
● Sign-up consumers for Bowery Farming’s newsletter, relevant promotions and contests
● Coordinate with onsite staff for setup and table placement
● Ensure that all marketing materials look clean, organized, within brand
Team Meetings and Reporting
● Participate in mandatory field marketing trainings and team meetings
● Capture demo results accurately by timely reporting all pertinent info into tracking systems
● Communicate immediately with the Field Marketing Manager on any key learnings, issues or success stories
What You Have
● Ability to engage people in public with a friendly and energetic personality
● Excellent communication skills; a natural problem-solver
● Ability to represent the brand in a highly positive manner
● Previous experience with demos, marketing promotions, sales, or retail/grocery
● Highly organized and results-oriented
● Reliable, independent worker with little or no supervision
● Passion for healthy eating, sustainability or innovative farming practices is a plus
● Available to work weekends and weekday afternoons/evenings to conduct about two four-hour in-store demos per week for at least 6 months consecutively. Majority of demos to be conducted during lunch hours, weekends and evenings.
● Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with clean driving record
● Must pass background screening
● Access to a computer for reporting and communication
● Capable of set-up, event activation, breakdown
● Ability to stand for 3 - 5 hours on a continuous basis
● Carrying, lifting, lowering appliances/equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
**Please note, only applications with a resumé and cover letter will be considered.
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Fowler & Wells. Based in New York City, the company has raised $117M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.