Bowery Farming is seeking a refrigerated van driver to help us deliver locally grown fresh leafy greens and herbs from our indoor warehouses in Northern NJ (just outside of New York City) to our retail and restaurant customers in the Newark and NYC area! This will involve having great interpersonal skills as you are an ambassador of the Bowery brand to our customers.
What you’ll do at Bowery
- Picks up, transport, and drop off products within the NYC metropolitan area
- Follow scheduled routes in order to ensure that product is delivered on time
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect, and operate the delivery vehicle
- Comply with rigorous product & food safety standards
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a constant temperature in the back of the van to ensure product quality
- Manage multiple retail orders and manage delivery tracking & food safety documentation
- Be the ambassador of Bowery when interacting with receiving departments at our customers to collect and communicate any feedback
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (no points in the last three years)
- Excellent driving skills, and ability to maneuver a large van through narrow streets in NYC (and be scrappy about finding parking space!)
- Highly reliable and communicative.
- Familiarity with food delivery, cold chain, and food handling procedures is a plus.
- High attention to detail and great customer service instincts - we’re relying on you to be the face of our company to our customers!
- A passion for fresh, healthy, and sustainable food!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- PC or Mac competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
- Comfortable with Physical Requirements including;
- Lift and move objects up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Fowler & Wells. Based in New York City, the company has raised $27.5M from leading investors including General Catalyst, GGV Capital, GV (formerly Google Ventures) and First Round Capital.