Bowery’s first full-time sales hire will manage sales and account management throughout the tri-state region. The Sales Manager is responsible for new sales, as well as partner retention and growth opportunities with the current partner base. Reporting directly to the founder and CEO, this is a rare opportunity to develop our sales operations from the ground up, developing the Bowery Farming brand and supporting rapid growth at an early-stage, mission-driven company.
What you’ll do at Bowery
- Set and execute Bowery’s sales strategy in the tri-state region.
- Develop new sales and open new accounts in retail, food service, restaurant and other channels
- Build and maintain deep relationships with partners in order to grow shelf space, increase collaboration and identify opportunities for further growth and promotion (e.g., all aspects of account management).
- Closely collaborate with Marketing and Farm Operations in order to ensure partner needs are being fulfilled and expectations exceeded
- Work in conjunction with the BoweryOS (software & hardware development) team in order to build tools and services to help the sales and account management functions scale across additional markets
- Occasionally travel in the tri-state area to partner locations as needed.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years relevant experience with direct sales and account management (e.g., produce, speciality food, natural and organic CPG).
- Relationship builder with demonstrated success selling to the natural, specialty and grocery categories. Experience in fresh produce is a plus.
- Exceptional ability to solve problems in an resourceful and data-driven manner while working in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication.
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt to any situation.
- Experienced people manager.
- Passionate about our mission to grow food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture.
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow post-organic produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised $27.5M from leading investors including General Catalyst, GGV Capital, GV (formerly Google Ventures) and First Round Capital.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.